Supplies Management, like Accounting, has today been widely recognized as a specialist activity. Sound
stores management is a key to the running of every profitable and efficient organization. This practical four-
day workshop is intended to enable the participants to:
- manage a cost-effective movement and storage of goods and material, in a highly efficient way
- Learn how, where and when to order and store goods so as to meet operational requirements
- Learn techniques of stock recording, stock control and stocktaking
- Understand the strategic purpose of inventory, and the processes used by the material management
function to align with the Internal/External goals of the organization
- Learn about inventory management policies and procedures that establish the reporting and financial
controls required by an organization
- Understand the role played by the materials manager/analyst in meeting and exceeding internal
customer requirements and expectations
- learn how to ascertain and analyze factors that affect the supplier risk of carrying inventory
- learn about the strategies to plan replenishment of inventory to meet the service requirements of the
firm and its customers
- understand the connection between inventory and service and how to calculate the service level
required by your firm to meet a certain customer satisfaction level
- learn how to set an inventory safety stock level that fits the strategy of your firm
Benefits of this Workshop to the participants:
At the end of this workshop, your staff participants would be able to:
- Effectively organise your store and reduce time wasted in locating stock
- Reduce accidents and material loss and get a thorough grasp of the safety and security features in warehouse
- Increase Knowledge on good housekeeping on store functions
- Fine-tune your record-keeping accuracy for better inventory management
- learn about inventory performance factors and how to measure them to best manage inventory
- learn about how inventory accuracy is improved and about techniques to efficiently report inventory
- learn the principles of just-in-time and practice with others on your team to improve the management
of inventory in a hypothetical firm
- Understand the areas that influence Inventory and the Stores operations and how to better manage
- Understand how to correctly use the Inventory Management Tools and Techniques.
- Accurately determine necessary inventory levels and the buffers that have to be built based on
promise to customers.
- Foresting Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) Requirements.
- Learn how to accurately identify and isolate the problem area quickly.
- Learn to focus on the root cause quickly and stay on track when focus on waste.
|Course title||Stores Operations. Stock Control and Successful Inventory MGT|
|Course Date||21 Jan 2018|