The main objectives of this workshop are to:
- Guide participants to new legislative framework on discipline, dismissal and grievance issues
- How to spot the early signs of performance or behavioural issues; when to act
- Develop a comprehensive toolkit for providing the skills needed to handle disciplinary and grievance
hearings with confidence
- Provide the opportunity for consistency and fairness in disciplinary procedures for different
- Give an opportunity for the participants to change behaviors. This will be especially true in cases
where the participants may not have realized they were breaking the rules or causing a problem.
- Give an opportunity to the participants a chance to develop what actions can be taken to improve the
situation, this is a chance for coaching and mentoring.
- Provide participants with alternatives to termination for minor infractions to improve employee
- Enhance participants morale when to fire for a minor issue
- Enhanced participants’ morale by the knowledge that poor behavior of others will be addressed.
- Provide evidence for an opportunity to improve.
- List the key issues which managers need to consider while conducting the investigation into
performance or discipline cases, to ensure that problems are investigated thoroughly and objectively
- Deal effectively with problems and objections which they may experience when managing conduct
- Produce an action plan for transferring the learning from the course back into the workplace
Benefits of this Workshop to the participants:
At the end of this workshop, your staff participants will be able to:
- Enable participants to understand their role in the discipline and grievance process
- Ensure essential procedures are followed
- Highlight implications of the Employment Act Code of Practice
- Provide the tools to prepare and hold disciplinary and grievance hearings confidently
- Help participants identify and decide on appropriate action required
- Understand why expedient disciplinary and grievance management and disciplinary investigation
planning is essential in protecting your business from the risks of getting it wrong.
- Understand how to follow processes properly, consider disciplinary decisions holistically and
identify contentious issues early on to ensure they get the right advice.
|Course title||Employee Disciplinary Planning and Control Management|
|Course date||21 Jan 2019|
|Course duration||5 Days|